Examples of unallowable awards and gifts include the following:
- Gifts of cash, except donations to a charity as an expression of sympathy,
- Negotiable gift certificates and cards,
- Gift certificates and cards for services,
- Recreation memberships,
- Season tickets to sporting or cultural events, and
- Gifts provided to employees in connection with birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, holidays, farewells, graduations and other occasions of a personal nature.
Federal or State Funds may not be used for sympathy gifts and cash contributions, andraffle prizes, door prizes, and incentive gifts to complete surveys and questionnaires.
Business and Finance Bulletin BUS 43 – Materiel Management (Principles of Purchasing and Code of Ethics)
Business and Finance Bulletin G-41 – Employee Non-Cash Awards and Other Gifts